Saturday, February 17, 2018

Deliworks, Flemington


     I stopped at this quaint little shop on a whim, never having heard any reviews and not having any idea if they even served hot dogs.  To my satisfaction I noticed that the 3rd item advertised above the counter was a Double Italian Hot Dog.  The description offered: 2 hot dogs served with potatoes, peppers and onions on pizza bread.  The description was sound and, since I was unable to find a more complete printed menu or any other signs for other varieties of hot dogs, I ordered the IHD.

     The cook's first question was: "Mustard or ketchup?"  Some places serve their IHDs with both but I played it safe and ordered mustard.  The potatoes, peppers and onions were tossed on the griddle and a half loaf of italian bread was sliced in half...  I never had pizza served on a loaf of italian bread so I had some questions about their description!  Being an easy-going guy I figured I would let it ride.  After smearing brown mustard on the bread the cook went into the back room and came back with two 1/4 lb. natural casing franks on top.  As you can see (below) the sandwich was enormous, which justified the $9 price.

     I have a preference for sliced potatoes on my Italians so these potato chunks, which reminded me of home fries, were a little disappointing, as were the thinly sliced red onion rings.  I did not recognize the hot dogs (and forgot to inquire what brand they were) but they were the highlight of the meal.  They were juicy and had a good amount of spiciness.  If I could get them to use actual pizza bread, I would probably go back.  The service and the value were definitely a plus.


No comments:

Post a Comment