Monday, February 19, 2018

Burnet Burger Plus, Green Brook



     The first thing that struck me when I walked into Burnet's was their exceptional cleanliness.  The staff was very friendly and cheerful.  I get the sense that this is a great place to work!  I wanted to stick with the theme of my evening so ordered the Texas Weiner.  They opt for the yellow mustard to compliment their chili & raw onions.

     They split a Thumann's dog down the center before grilling,  They also offer a deep-fried option (not split!)  The dog looks a bit messy but I assure you it was delicious!  The chili is one of the best I've tried.  It seems to be an interesting mix of the 2 chili cultures in New Jersey, one being tomato based and the other being more of a browned meat sauce with hints of cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander and other spices.  I will definitely be back to have this again, sampling until I can pinpoint those ingredients!!

No comments:

Post a Comment