Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Toby's Cup, Phillipsburg



     When first deciding to schedule a Hot Dog tour, I received some positive recommendations to include Toby's in my itinerary.  As I had passed by the location on several occasions, I opted to exclude this establishment based on outward appearance alone.  It doesn't look like there has been any exterior work done since the 1970's!!

     It took me awhile to work up the nerve to visit Toby's.  I was happy to see that the inside appears to be better kept than the outside.  The small 8'x10' foyer from where you place your order & wait for it to be filled is raised about 1-2' higher than the kitchen situated on the other side of the small order window.  Your order is presented in a brown paper bag with the individual hot dogs rolled in aluminum foil.

     There were no fancy choices so I ordered one chili dog and one with mustard and onions.  They were fresh & tasty, served on a steamed bun...  Good dogs that were reasonably priced.  Bottom line: I was glad I finally made the time to visit and can see why the locals have developed an attachment.  I would still recommend a serious facelift and some seating would also be nice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment