Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hot Rod's Hot Dogs, Glen Gardner



     This location has been a staple of the small town of Glen Gardner for many years.  My only guess is that these folks have never ventured outside of their community to sample a quality hot dog!

     The catchy name is the only redeeming quality I could find here.  The hot dogs are boiled and remain in the water until they are placed on a bun.  My experienced evaluation was that these dogs are some of the blandest tube steaks I have ever tasted.  If it weren't for the simple selection of condiments to adorn these franks, they would hardly have any taste at all.

     I apologize to the residents of Glen Gardner who swear by Hot Rod's, but this establishment gets the lowest rank of all hot dog stands I have sampled thus far.  This stand deserves a drive-by, nothing more.

No comments:

Post a Comment