Sunday, September 22, 2013

5 Guys Burgers & Fries (Flemington location)

     I know, I know....  This is a hot dog blog.  "What on earth are you doing in a burger joint?!?"  Well, I can only justify my actions by pointing out that at least, when in this burger emporium, I did have the good sense to order hot dogs!  Be open minded and observe the review.  You might be surprised.

     This establishment is reminiscent of an old time burger hop.  The hot dogs (Hebrew National) are split lengthwise and then grilled to perfection.  Bacon, chili or cheese are extra, but they provide a choice of 15 condiments that are free!  This provides for a great deal of customization to fit the patron's desires.  I had mine with yellow mustard, onions and a pickle.  It was really good, owing in great part to the split 'n grill method of cooking.

     I would also highly recommend adding an order of Boardwalk Fries (with skin left on) with some cider vinegar to complete a very tasty meal.  Truly an oasis among the burgers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment