Friday, September 8, 2017

Jersey Johnny's Grill, Pequannock Twp.


     Some say that judging a hot dog establishment by their mobile counterparts is unfair.  Personally, I think that any worthy hot dog vendor would put as much care into their truck or trailer as they do in their storefront since their reputation is on the line in either venue.  That said, I am providing feedback for Jersey Johnny's Grill based on a recent sampling of their fare at a promotional event held in Flemington, NJ.

     My order was for one "all the way", which was quickly understood to mean deli mustard, chopped onions and chili.  I thought that was a good sign!  They serve N/C Thumann's beef franks for which I was also thankful.  Although the overall experience was definitely positive, I felt that the chili was a bit thin for my taste.  And speaking of taste, I detected the familiar spice profile in the chili that common in North Jersey, possessing the distinct flavors of cinnamon, cardamom and cumin!

     I will add that their fries were also very good!  Crispy, golden brown outside, steamy soft centers and just the right amount of salt.  Kudos!!  BTW, if you're trying to find out more info about Jersey Johnny's, do NOT follow the website address (or phone number) you see on the side of the trailer pictured above.  They are both several years old (as is the trailer!)


No comments:

Post a Comment