Friday, September 8, 2017

Ginny's, Frenchtown


     Strictly speaking, Ginny's is not a hot dog joint.  When I moved to this area in 2007, Ginny's was more of an ice cream parlor that was expanding their menu.  Since that time, they have undergone a substantial remodel of both the building and menu (very diner-like).  They have increased their clientele further by hosting a car show every Sunday from 4-8pm.

     At first glance I thought their prices for hot dogs (below) were rather high.  Though my opinion has not entirely changed, I will say that you do get a substantial meal for your money.  I ordered the Chicago dog (one of my favorites!) and I was not disappointed.  It was a 4/1 skinless beef frank that extended prominently from both sides of a stout bun.  The condiment selection held very close to the traditional chicago dog (the the exception of banana pepper rings rather than whole sport peppers).  It was a very enjoyable meal for which I will give ample praise, but probably decline a repeat with a price tag of nearly $10.


No comments:

Post a Comment