Saturday, April 22, 2017

Designer Dawgs, Clinton


   I stopped by Designer Dawgs on the first day of their 2017 season.  It was my first visit, but I am sure it will not be my last!  This was truly an exceptional departure from the basic, run-of-the-mill hot dog stand.  The owner, Holly Jeanne, was very friendly and took the time to chat and share her vision.  I was clearly in the presence of a vendor who recognizes quality ingredients and passes that quality along to their customers.

  These grilled dogs are made by Vienna Beef, are my new favorite brand!  The rolls (not buns!) are freshly baked & delivered each morning.  They are just the right size and can stand up to any combination of toppings, without causing the dog to be "lost".  They do not offer fries, which can often be the ruin of an otherwise appreciable dog stand.  What they do offer as side dishes actually compliment a hot dog lunch nicely: homemade mac & cheese, chili w/ cheese and baked beans.

   For my first meal here I ordered the German dawg which consists of sauerkraut and brown mustard as toppings.  It was a delicious rendition of an age old favorite that took me back to my New York roots.  For my second choice I selected the Reuben dawg topped with swiss cheese, kraut and russian dressing.  This being my "bold" choice I was very pleasantly surprised at how well these ingredients blended together.  I enjoyed every bite and was sad to see it go!  Being only 3 miles from work I can definitely see this place becoming a frequent lunch stop.  Very happy to have found it!!

****  NEWS FLASH ****
    Designer Dawgs has moved to a new home right on Main Street in Downtown Clinton!!  They have their own storefront (new photo above) and a great patio out back to enjoy your dawgs when the weather cooperates!!  Come check out their new digs!  The location is new but the dawgs are as good as ever!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment