Saturday, April 8, 2017

Outpost Barbeque, Bridgewater


I was traveling through Bridgewater and immediately had a craving for barbeque when I saw this place. Then when I sat down and looked at the menu, I was very pleased to see an interesting menu of 9 hot dogs in addition to many other BBQ favorites. All of their hot dogs are grilled and come with a variety of toppings, including: sauerkraut, chopped onion, mac & cheese, chili, jalepenos, cheddar cheese and Cajun kraut, as well as the options that I had selected.

I chose an Atlantic Dog with bacon smoked baked beans and tangy BBQ sauce, and an Alabama Dog with smoked pulled pork and horseradish sauce. The dogs are grilled crisp and taste great by themselves!  The mix of flavors was like nothing I've tasted before, but in a good way.  The choices available can certainly be tailored to anyone's taste, but also provides a wide variety for the adventurous diner to sample new choices.  The dogs are 8 inches long and provide an opportunity to test the naked dog at each end.  My only disappointment was the roll... although it was fresh and tasty, I think a slightly more sturdy roll would have made this stop awesome.  It took me almost 1/2 hour to finish my meal and the roll was getting pretty weak by the end.

Outpost BBQ also offers a catering menu.  For large events they even have a portable barbeque/smoker that can handle a serious crowd (see below).  The prices are just a little bit high, but for the unique combination of toppings I would still recommend giving this restaurant a try.  The flavors are well worth it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment