Monday, June 5, 2017

Davy's Dogs, Mt. Arlington



I had heard positive reports regarding Davy's so while I was in nearby Budd Lake, I decided to invest in the 8 minute detour to try it out.  My first impression was mild frustration with the young counter staff, but I was quickly swayed when I sat to enjoy my meal.  Aside from the usual cast of toppings, they have a few specialty dogs which my adventurous nature could not resist.

My first choice wasn't too outlandish, just a bacon & cheese dog.  Though I personally prefer sliced cheese this cheese sauce was nice and thick and flavorful.  The mound of bacon was surprising and was cooked perfectly.  The dog itself was an 8 inch beef frank and was grilled just to the point of splitting.  The bun was pretty ordinary but held up well under all the toppings.

The 2nd dog was a bit further out there: a perogi dog!  Same bun, frank & cheese sauce but this time topped with 2 fried perogies that were also cooked just right.  My wife opted to simply have an order of perogies and can attest to the quality.  The combination was surprisingly tasty, and a wide selection of bottled beers was a welcome accompaniment.  All in all I would recommend the trip.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment